Thursday, August 2, 2012

Wellington Arch

I know I haven't updated in a while but I was limited on the amount of internet I could use as well as trying to use my time to sight see.  So I will now try to catch you all up on what I've been doing since I saw Changing the Guard on Friday morning.

After the ceremony at Buckingham Palace, I walked to Wellington Arch, which is just across from Hyde Park.  It was relocated to its present position in 1882-3.  For a small entrance fee, I was able to climb up to the top of the arch (this time by using a lift, thank heavens there weren't more stairs).  At the top there was an exhibit about the seaside resort of Blackpool and the history of the town.  There was various photographs of the opera houses and attractions of Blackpool as well as some old posters and programs.  There was a large model of Blackpool Tower there as well.

After the exhibit, I went through the doors and entered onto the observation part of Wellington Arch.  I could see out over Hyde Park and the surrounding area.  It was quite a nice view, but pretty windy.








No comments:

Post a Comment