Friday, August 3, 2012

Science Museum & Natural History Museum

On Saturday, I went back to the Science Museum to do it justice.  The first time I went, I wasn't able to see it all since we had arranged to meet some people to buy our train tickets to The Making of Harry Potter.  I was glad I chose to go back, seeing as the museum is huge and there are so many exhibits to visit.

Here is a picture from the exhibit all about the exploration of space.


The main hall had all kinds of modes of transportation, from this airplane to trains to cars.



Here's a model, like the one created by Watson & Crick, demonstrating the structure of DNA.  Although the model is not the complete original one, it contains pieces of the original! As a genetics major, this was definitely a nerd highlight.


There was an entire other floor that had a large exhibit on the history and development of flight.  


Next I set off to the Natural History Museum.  This was the sight as you first entered the museum.


Of course as a Natural History Museum, there were several exhibits on rocks and the Earth, etc.


I thought this guy was funny looking and a cheeky way to represent the Sun's effects on the Earth.


And of course, my favorite part of natural history museums ... the dead animal zoo!



But the highlight of my visit to the Natural History Museum was an exhibit called Animals Inside Out.  It was similar to the Body Worlds exhibit that has traveled the country but was done with animals.  There was no photography allowed in the exhibit but this camel was in the main entrance to the museum, so I snapped a quick pic.



No comments:

Post a Comment