Tuesday, August 7, 2012

North Wales

My study abroad program ended last Thursday in London.  It was such a great, rewarding, once-in-a-lifetime opportunity!  After class on Thursday, my great uncle picked me up and we drove the 4.5 hours to Towyn, North Wales (look it up on a map!).  It's a small town along the northern coast of the country about an hour's drive from Liverpool.

Here in Towyn I am staying with my grandmother's sister Pat and her husband Bill.  This my first time meeting them and their children and their families.  It has been a wonderful experience meeting all my relatives and it is interesting seeing all the family resemblances and little habits that have been passed down.

My Auntie Pat reminds me so much of my grandmother, Jean (who I referred to as Nanny), who passed away in 2005.  It has been so comforting spending time with her as I feel like I am spending time with Nanny.  I love to hear the stories that she tells of my Nanny and Grandpa when they were dating in the 50s in England and of all the trips that various other family members have made to North Wales.

Rather than post about every place I've been, I'll post the link to my fb photo album of North Wales.  I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment